Tuesday, January 04, 2011


I am still adding photos to my Public Art Gallery. When walking around cities everyday you tend to not see public art because it is part of the regulary scenery. Workers walk past without noticing the rich cultural experience amongst them.

This is what I noticed when I saw this sheep statue in the middle of a footpath in Canberra, Australia. I was a tourist with a camera and this sheep was just there...............................now why is there a statue of a sheep in the middle of a city? I could understand this if it was in a country town, unless it is to celebrate the sheep that built this nation. There is no information about this sheep on a plaque, so I searched on the internet to find out more. All I have found out is that the artist is Les Kossatz
 Who commissioned this piece, why that particular pose?  From some angles it can be considered a bit rude. I love this piece for its cheekiness and for where it is placed. Do you have any information about this sheep?

No comments: