Thursday, August 06, 2009

Blog Prompt - do you remember when we landed on the moon?

I remember I was nearly married and my first husband and I were working on a farm as a married couple. We didnt have TV in those days. On the day of the moon landing the owner of the farm invited all the workers into his home to watch the landing on the small black & white TV.

A lot of people didnt have TV's as a licence was required to own a TV. A lot of people would have a TV but use an indoor antenna so as not to attract the licence inspectors.

I havent posted a photo today as I thought I would show you a digi scrapping kit I made. I am placing my kits on Artscow.com, the site where you can make photobooks and heaps of other things. this kit is free on Artscow until the end of the week. Here is the link. I like playing with Photoshop, using filters, actions, styles etc. I am designing under the name JoanT.
Yesterday I received my new Tamron 18-270 lens from the people in Hong Kong where I pourchased this lens. I saved over $300 by purchasing like this and now cant wait to use the lens. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some new photos to show, using this lens.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Wow! I can't imagine needing a license for a TV. Thanks for sharing this memory.