Saturday, March 31, 2012

Road Trip - Day 16 (31 March)

At last, the day light savings ends tonight. we have been waking up at 6.30am in pitch dark and just laying in bed until it gets light at about 7.15am. We all decided we needed some down time today. The highlight of the day was a cappuccino at the kiosk overlooking the caravan park.

Birds were the order of the day with two or three photos of different birds we saw. The pelicans were watching the men clean their fish again today. One man was cleaning his fish and laying them to one side as he went, when one pelican came in and took his cleaned fish. He saw me with Kurgan and asked us to walk around and scare off the pelicans because they don’t like dogs. One of the men told me that when the pelicans are breeding the dingos come in and eat the baby pelicans.

20120331_9web

lance took this one through the flyscreen on the caravan.

20120331_13web

And finally this one which I think is a young bird of the same variety as the above, but I may be wrong. I don’t have my bird identification books with me to check.

20120331_44web

Bye until tomorrow.

No comments: