Thursday, April 05, 2012

Road Trip – Day 21 (April 5)

Today I marvelled at the southern coastline of Australia. From Esperance to Elliston we have seen such beautiful coastline and magnificent southern seas. You wonder how those early explorers in those small wooden ships felt when faced with the huge waves off our coastline. The fear and the wonder the sailors would have felt. Just when I think I have seen it all I see more.

We decided to take the cliff scenic drive on the south eastern side of Elliston this morning. Looking back over Elliston the whole town seemed to be shrouded in a salt laden mist. You cant feel anything but it is always there in the distance.

20120405_14web

I think today’s drive was even more spectacular than yesterday’s drive. I just have to post these photos for you to see what I mean.

20120405_13web

20120405_19web

Tonight we had a BBQ with everyone’s contribution of salads etc going onto the table. Here are Eric, Ken, Mel, & Daphne.

20120405_41web

Sitting there someone remarked what a beautiful sunset it was. Most of us said seen one seen them all until we decided to check it out ourselves. This is it – no messing with Photoshop – just as it came out of the camera. You can see the ever present “mist”below the hill. There is no improvement on Mother Nature is there..

20120405_48web

A couple of minutes later the oranges had turned to soft pinks and remembering Peter Garside of our camera club, who says adding a person to a photo adds interest, I turned the camera slightly to the south and captured this photo.

20120405_49web

No comments: