Friday, October 24, 2008


Blog Prompt: The microwave oven was introduced by The Tappan Company on October 25, 1955. Do you use your microwave - I didn't realise how old microwave ovens were> I can remember wanting one back in the '80's and bought one when I sold my first home whilst working as a real estate agent.

I dont really use it much except for heating up leftovers and cooking rice. I recently was not thinking properly and put the rice cooker into the microwave without any water - it just had the dry rice in it. 15 minutes later I could smell the smell of disaster. I opened the door of the oven to be confronted with a brown melted rice cooker with a darker brown blog in it. It was melted onto the revolving plate and the smell of burning was right through the oven - there was nothing to do but carry out the oven and its contents and place in the garbage can. Don't want to do that again in a hurry.LOL.

By the way all photos on my blog are for sale if anyone is ever interested.just email me. Todays flower is the flower of one of our eucalyptus trees. I find this native flower to be so beautiful.

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Wow! What a story! I can only imagine what the smell was like and I'm glad you didn't burn the house down! LOL. I remember being so excited about getting a microwave too and how they have come down in price and size. Thanks for sharing our story.

Webfrau said...

OOPS! I can just imagine how awful that must've been.