Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blog Prompt - If I had 24 hours to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab. This is so topical at the moment with the dreaful death toll from those bushfires in Victoria. My uncle lives at Yarra Junction which is now a town that may be in danger if the winds start coming from the north.
I have often thought about this and my list would be, in priority order and if I had time:
  • my bag with my purse in it - its always on the table
  • my camera which is almost always in my bag
  • my external hard drive - it has so many photos on it
  • my laptop
  • my baby photo
  • my photo box with hundreds of photos in it.
  • my jewllery - might need to sell it for money
  • my file that contains birth certificates, marriage certificates - it is easy to grab
  • the large box containg old photo albums
  • my husbands cricketing momentoes.

The photo above has appeared in many newspapers around the world - it is a scene from the Victorian bushfires.

2 comments:

rl said...

Thanks for showing this photo. How evocative.

loonyhiker said...

Great list! We saw that story about the koala bear on our news in SC! Hope you are safe!